The Dengie Hundred

Banner Heading

Welcome to the ancient Hundred in Eastern Essex

Halls in Althorne

Althorne has two public halls in Summerhill and one in Burnham Road.

For details of hall contact and user groups please contact Althorne Parish Clerk

Althorne Village Hall Althorne Village Hall 
Capacity 70 people
   
St andrews church hall St Andrews Church Hall
Capacity 80 people
A tablet in the Church hall commerates the hall's opening in 1909.
The Architect is shown as Ernest Lupton. The Vicar as Rev W Shaw Stewart and the Churchwardens as Thomas Fisher and Frederick Stone.
   
            Althorne recreation ground                          Recreation Ground Pavilllion
Capacity 20 people