The Dengie Hundred

Banner Heading

Welcome to the ancient Hundred in Eastern Essex

Buildings in Latchingdon

St Michael's Church

 St Michaels Church, Latchingdon

A church has stood on this site since at least 1250 ad. 

The church dates back to 1618 but only the nave and south porch remain. 

In 1976 St Michael's Church  was deconsecrated and converted into living accommodation. 

The owners ask that their privacy is respected and that members of the public do not trespass on their property. At the owners request no current photograph is displayed on this site. 

The burial ground next door is still in use.

Click here to find out more about this church

 Christ Church

 Latchingdon Church

A comparatively modern church in the centre of the village built in 1857

 Click here to visit a page on Christ Church

 

Old Police Headquarters and Courthouse

    Latchingdon lock up       

 Sited at Butchers Corner. The oldest purpose built Police station in Essex.

 Click here to visit a page providing pictures and the story of this building